Amelia & Josh’s wedding at the Utah Pickle Factory!

i first met them as a couple when they made the road trip out here from utah for THIS engagement session and i pretty much fell in love with them from the first minute.  funny story, josh and i realized we had gone to elementary school together when we were talking at james and lynnette‘s amazingly fun wedding (you know josh and amelia have to be awesome if they are friends with lynnette and james), so needless to say i was giddy when he and his new fiance amelia called me a few months later and asked me to shoot their wedding!  i was pretty much counting down the days til the big day after that… and the big day finally came.  :)   they were married at the salt lake temple and we met them out front just after for some photos there and then we headed around the corner to play in the lovely fall leaves.  pretty much every tree along the street had a different color of leaves… it was spectacular!  as we were playing a huge storm rolled in and we had to find a place with cover so we headed to to salt lake library and then up to the roof in the midst of a crazy hailstorm for some last portraits (big thanks to my wonderful 2nd shooter, jenny, for holding my umbrella all that time, i know your arms were sore the next day)!  from there we headed to the reception site at the utah pickle factory which was basically an old brick warehouse with old wooden plank floors that they transformed into the most quirky, fun awesome party spot!  clear christmas lights hung from all the rafters, a taco stand made of metal and wood they made themselves, jones soda as their signature drink (their last name is jones!), an ice cream stand, antique books stacked with homemade cakes on top, chalkboard signs, popcorn for the kids, a “gallery” of amelia’s art painted of different fun moments from their relationship and the coolest photo booth ever.  everything was relaxed, fun, unique, adorable and wonderfully crafty.  it even snowed at the end.  it was pretty much like a dream.

i must share something amelia wrote about her and josh that i think shows how dang cute they are… “I have brown hair. He is blonde.  I sew. He shoots guns.  I am dramatic. He is logical.  I have terrible eyes. His are perfect.  I didn’t make my bed. He taught me to.  Wolverine is my favorite. He can’t pick one.  I shop. He is a financial advisor.  I don’t work out much. He is a health freak.  I cook. He cleans.  I am from Utah. He is from California.  We are in LOVE.” (i do have to add that amelia has AMAZING eyes and that she is also quite humble).

enjoy the photos.   :)

This entry was posted in Weddings and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Amelia & Josh’s wedding at the Utah Pickle Factory!

1. Lauren says:

Simply beautiful! I love the shot of them with the umbrella,and also with all the leaves coming down!

2. clair says:

Breathtaking and fun! I love the shot of the temple where you have included from the steps to the very top of the building!

3. Rosina says:

How cute can they be?? They are like models. I LOVE the library series, and what she wrote reminds me SO MUCH of my husband and me, especially the working out part…haha. Another amazing wedding Joy! ♥

4. Victoria / Justice Pirate says:

I’m in love with her dress. oh and your photography too of course.

5. joy harmon prouty says:

thank you so much! victoria, amelia actually designed the dress herself and her mom helped her make it! it was breathtakingly beautiful!!

6. Niki Mohr says:

Wow, the shot on the stairs is AMAZING, like something out of a magazine. You really should enter it in some photo contests- I bet it would win a bunch of money. Thank you for posting these. I went to high school with Josh. Always thought he was an awesome person. It is so great to see awesome people end up so happy.

7. molly says:

great great great! xoxo

8. Kristen Duke says:

I love the story that you share behind the images. What a beautiful couple;)

9. Emily says:

Awesome! I love (everything) the bride’s dress, especially the back! My husband and I were married in the fall and I WISH we had some pics like these with the leaves! We also met in a library so if I had to do it all over again, I would have done an engagement shoot there. It’s the 15 yr anniversary this February of that fateful day…wish you were in Boston! Congrats to a fun and beautiful couple! A portobello taco and a slice of lemon lemon for me please! Wow! How I wish I could go to at least one wedding like this in my lifetime! Your wedding day looks amazing and with all that joint effort you put in, I’m sure your life together will be a reflection of that special day, everyday! xo

10. Bek says:

love it! everything about it…beautiful couple, fantastic cake table, sparklers, jones soda, and red shoes…ahhhhh

11. Sarah says:

beautiful Joy– just stunning!

12. Digital Backround Gal says:

Love them all….they are such a sweet couple! Beautiful and unique images…great job!!

13. Piper says:

those are all incredible!…but that shot from above on the stairs is breathtaking!! amazing job!

14. kristin eldridge photography says:

I love love love their dessert table. So rustic and whimsical… Love the way you captured all the details!

15. Rae says:

Love your work! Beautiful!
    Any ideas where she got that dress?
    Thank you!