The Heathcote Family

charlotte is the sweet mama of this family and she told me that being able to do this photo shoot out in the beautiful sunshine was her dream come true!  leading up to the shoot, charlotte told me a bit about each special person in her family and i already felt like we were old friends by the time we finally met!   so, as i prepared for this post, i was trying to find the words to describe each one of them but i just found that nothing i wrote was nearly as genuine as what she wrote herself.   so, here they all are, in the beautiful words of a mother – charlotte’s family according to charlotte…  her husband, fred – “sacrifices in ways for our family that melts me and loves me with all of his heart.” and michael, 20 (the oldest of 7) - “loves BIG.” christian, 19  - “selfless.  feels deeply.” ethan, 15 – “when no one is looking puts his head on my shoulder.” matthew, 13 – “his smile lights up my day.”   seth, 12 – “sees the good in everyone.” lauren, 8 – “sweet like an angel.” & ella, 5 (the baby) – “dances around the house. she sparkles.” and yet, the most beautiful description of all was what charlotte wrote about herself, “i feel passionate about creating home.  all I ever wanted to be was a mom.  most rewarding, expanding, frustrating, humbling, noble thing I have ever done.  i love them with all my heart.” thank you, thank you, thank you charlotte, for sharing your beautiful journey as the very blessed mama of your nest.  i am most definitely a better mother for having met you. (photographed at the tierra rejada walnut grove.)

i sure love this kind of session where i can just dive right in with my heart.   :)

This entry was posted in * Family Sessions, Children and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to The Heathcote Family

1. Lauren says:

What a gorgeous family for a gorgeous shoot – the sunshine does make it perfect. The sunshine, and the clothes – love the ruffles and mom’s lace!

2. Victoria / Justice Pirate says:

most amazing entry you’ve done. I am in awe of these photos and this family is incredible. I love all their outfits and EVERYTHING!!!!!

3. Michelle-Bella Luce Photography says:

Love every last one of these! How gorgeous is that little girl…wow. Your processing on these are so beautiful :)

4. Bobbie says:

You are I SWEAR the greatest photographer ever!!!! I LOVE everything you do! Big, Big fan!!!! :) Amazing work! :)

5. Christen Barnes says:

So beautiful. I love looking at your work.

6. Shauna says:

oh my! this is breathtaking! i LOVE the one of the boys running and the jumping/kissing one…and the one of the blondie…..all of them! grrrreat job joy. love shines through you again.

7. Stacy says:

melts MY heart on this fridged cold day in Nebraska! Beautiful, beautiful work. Well done!

8. Gwen says:

Can it be that such a young and beautiful woman has had seven children?? This is such a beautiful shoot. Loving, romantic, playful, quirky, vintage, fun, poignant (the one where Charlotte is leaning her face on her husband’s arm just slays me). all the emotions you capture so well. Thanks for sharing this one; as always we are blessed to witness the love in these precious families.

9. Melissa Stottmann says:

What a beautiful family <3 The mom is radient!

10. jen gagliardi says:

Your images are amazing! Everything about them! You are a amazing talent!

11. Nanette Gordon-Cramton says:

I too am in awe of these photos and this beautiful family….

12. Erin says:

these are WONDERFUL!!!!!:) You NEVER disappoint!!!!!!!!!:)

13. Torre says:

love your work!

14. Kelly says:

The is a gorgeous set of photos! I especially love the jumping one.

15. T says:

Made me cry. They are amazing and so are you!

16. Charlotte says:

Part of my dream was having you behind the lens. I knew that only you could capture that vintage, loving, sweet, sentimental look – with the beautiful light (oh how you bend that light from heaven to glow in your pictures!) As the mom, I really did cry when I saw these. Thank you so much Joy. Your talent is a gift. Thanks for sharing it. I will treasure these forever. oxox

17. Kirsten Mavric says:

Amazing. So so beautiful. And the photography is pretty good too ;)

18. Ronni says:

This is such a moving photoshoot. What a beautiful, beautiful family.

19. Emily says:

Beautiful as always! I love the pictures of each child looking at the camera. They have amazingly honest faces! What a beautiful family! Can I please have Charlotte’s secrets for staying so youthful and beautiful!?!?!? I almost fell out of my chair and had to do a double-take when I realized she was the mom! The boys are handsome and the girls are sweet and beautiful – mom and dad are proud and loving – perfection every time!!!

20. anna says:

I am swooning over this cute photo shoot! the little girls ruffled dresses are adorable.

21. Krystal says:

WOW!! My favorite shoot yet! They are beautiful, and the clothes are incredible! Your lighting is perfect…as always! =)
    Oh….and can I have that couch?? =)

22. Pingback: Tweets that mention The Heathcote Family » Wildflowers Photography -- Topsy.com

23. shawn says:

oh gosh, to have such a lovely photoshoot!! these are fabulous!
    I wondered if you can share or ask the mom where she got those wonderful clothes – LOVE LOVE LOVE them…
    how is it possible is a mom to 7??? beautiful!

24. Gina Addison says:

What an amazingly beautiful series! This is a true and artistic capture of this family’s spirit. You have a gift, Joy!

25. Shanna says:

What a gorgeous family! You can feel the warmth.

26. steph says:

that is seriously one of the most beautiful families i’ve seen! just gorgeous girls & handsome boys!

27. jen howell says:

omg… this stole my heart. What a fabulous family session. Everything from the dress, to the kids to the love on mom and dad. The light was perfect. Amazing work!

28. jen howell says:

btw… Do you know where the girls’ dresses are from? I’d love one for my daughter!

29. Meggie says:

love the dresses the little girls are wearing! cute cute family, amazing pictures :)

30. Bek says:

what a beautiful family. And their style is *awesome*. I love the things Charlotte had to say! <3

31. Adria says:

This is the best dressed family I have ever seen! Amazing! And that white couch is to die for! Love it!

32. anita says:

love love love love love it!!! my dream one day is to have a family session with you joy!

33. Diane Rose says:

A-MAZING PHOTOGRAPHY!!!

34. Janee says:

WOW!! These are awesome. The lighting,the location and clothes…LOVE LOVE LOVE these. And we need to know where to find those dresses.

35. Angela says:

Gorgeous shoot. The dresses are JCrew. I bought the same one for my daughter for our pictures coming up. I loved the way she styled them.

36. tara pollard pakosta says:

I LOVE these so very much!!
    I come from a family of 7 children, 5 boys + 2 girls at the end just like this! I am the youngest girl….so these really spoke to me!!! what a beautiful familY!!!

tara

37. Zoe says:

This is so beautiful =) love is in the air~