The Zimmerman Family & their movie night under the stars…

kelsie, the mama of this family and i had been planning this shoot for months and months.  the shoot was to take place on her and her hubby’s 10th wedding anniversary and it would be in celebration of not only the two of them but of their precious family and being just as giddy as they were all those years back.  the vision was for it to be a camp out under the stars, all cuddled up together, watching home movies playing on an old 8mm projector.  it took a lot of collaborating between the two of us (and a lot of other help from the men in our lives with the set-up and dragging all our favorite vintage stuff into the grove – thank you!) and it all came together.  once it was all ready, we didn’t have to force the kids to smile for the camera… they jumped right in that tent and rolled around and we couldn’t barely get them out!  the longer we stayed, the more fun it was… they danced in the late afternoon sun, daddy played his grandma’s ukelele and his guitar and had the whole family singing, and then when the lights got low we lit the lanterns, turned on the movie projector, got out the popcorn and they all curled up in that fancy tent and watched until there wasn’t hardly any light left in the sky.  my favorite part was how sad we all were to pack everything up and take it all down!  it is rare that when a shoot it over that no one want to leave (especially the kids) but we all were having so much fun that we wished we could have actually camped out right there.   so, happy anniversary you love birds and thank you so much for giving me the honor of being a part of this wonderful celebration.  i’m thinking we may need to celebrate this more often than every 10 years.  ;)

This entry was posted in * Family Sessions, * Themed Sessions, Children and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to The Zimmerman Family & their movie night under the stars…

1. kelsie says:

Joy, I have to be the first comment because you just captured every moment. beautifully. perfect. just as I imagined. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU to you & Donnie for capturing this moment for us. xoxo.

2. Bek says:

well this about the cutest shoot ever! I love it. Your creativity and the way you style your shoots is just enchanting :)

3. Amber Zimmerman says:

These are the most darling and magical pictures! They absolutely stir my happy soul! No relation to the lucky clients either. :)

4. shauna says:

this is great!
    what a fabulous idea…

5. ShariLee says:

wow! what a fun, creative, incredible idea…LOVE!

6. korie says:

well Joy, you know I love it…and I love this sweet family. Well done.

7. Becky Lew says:

this is just dreamy….. i could feel the love this family has for each other.. so sweetly captured by you..

8. Sandra Henri says:

Absolute perfection!

9. Tara says:

I love this…amazing, as usual! I really loved to see the interaction between the siblings. That boy looks like a wonderful big brother!

10. Rachel- Wildflower Photography says:

simply beautiful captures! lovely job!

11. Sarah Costa says:

These are so gorgeous! Seriously I love everything about them

12. Gwen says:

Amen. Somehow you capture tender moments between family members like no one I’ve seen before. That’s part of your gift. It is such a privilege to witness the physical and spiritual beauty of the lives you touch. Thank you so much for posting these teasures!

13. Tonia says:

Oh my goodness you are freekin BRILLIANT!!!! I just found you through Tisha Johnson (a local photographer to me) and WOW…what an amazing session! I would purchase every single shot!! AH-MAZE-ING!!!!

14. Barb Kramer says:

FANTASTIC !!! As all your work is and inspires the creativity in me.

15. Pauline.F Photography says:

Amazing shoot ! I’m a French photographer (base in Paris) and I’m fan of your work, the way you play with natural light, it’s a pure hapiness to come here and discover every time such wonderful images. I hope, one day, I’ll be able to shoot so dreamy moments, that’s just perfection <3 Pauline

16. nicole says:

This is so beautiful, you have perfectly catched the love of this family!

17. chelsea donoho says:

oh i loveeee these. that screen is fantastic.