the clark family in asheville, nc!

every moment of this session made my heart want to explode!  the location was perhaps the most dreamy place i have ever seen in real life to start.  we had rented a tiny, historic (top secret) cabin in the north carolina mountains for the weekend and the clark family made a very long 8 hour road trip for their session to meet us there (with two kids in tow) all the way from indiana!  the mama, kelsey, was a previous workshop attendee of mine and so we were pretty much giddy like school children to see one another again in addition to the fact that we were blissful over being in the mountain dreamscape.  we explored every inch of the cabin and took a walk to a barn down the tree lined road, the trees exploding with color and barns and wildflowers in every direction.  it was all surreal and so lovely… we laughed so much and cried a little, i truly will remember that special evening always.  kelsey, i hope you love the pictures and feel they were worth the verrry long trip.  i adore you!

This entry was posted in * Family Sessions, * Themed Sessions. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to the clark family in asheville, nc!

1. Erica says:

HI! I love your photos and that house it´s amazing!!!!!

2. Alicia @ La Famille says:

these are breathtaking! that cabin is absolutely amazing. so glad you got to meet up with an old friend and stay in that little piece of heaven!

3. Stephanie says:

Joy, LOVE this session. I also, LOVE the new blog! That header is too cute!

4. Kelsey says:

Joy I have no words!!!!!!!!!!! I just cried and laughed and smiled the whole way through this blog post!!!!!!!!! Working with you was so worth every mile that we drove!!!!! Thank you just doesn’t seem like enough !!!!! I will cherish these forever!!!!!!:) xoxo

5. meghan says:

I LOVE THIS SESSION! You, my dear, have such a gift. And this cabin! It’s to die for. My favorite place ever is asheville. AND i love your site re-design. It’s fabulous.

6. Emily Chaffin says:

These are amazing!!! Now I want to move to North Caroline and live in that cabin. And have you photograph me… Love it!!!

7. Sandra Henri says:

Wow, this is my dream session! I wish I could just pop my little family into these pics!!! Still have my fingers and toes crossed you will one day come to Australia!!!

8. Raquel says:

Hi. I’m from Brasil and, I know your photos in facebook..and, I’m fall in love, to this.
    Thank you for, divide this with us.
    P.S: My english is terrible, sorry.

9. Vicki Hooker says:

What a beautiful family!!! I love the rustic cabin and the fields….fantastic.

10. molly says:

joy these are amazing. God has given you an incredibly beautiful mind. xo

11. Denise Rooney says:

Oh my word, these are so beautiful and & breathtaking! I want these canvased on my walls Kelsey and it’s your family haha. Love, Love, Love them!!!

12. Rose Krikorian says:

Amazing how you can make a trailer look so good. As far as the pictures go, know I want to visit Asheville. Can’t wait to attend one of your workshops one day.

13. kelly says:

I love all your pics you are one amazing family God bless you on your journey what a life lesson you are teaching your children seeing the world one stop at a time