Marcella & Nick’s Wedding!

the quote on marcella and nick’s wedding program was by dr. seuss… “we’re all a little weird, and life is weird.  and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness – and call it love.  true love.”   and they surely have the most amazingly sweet, humble and weird-in-the-best-kinda-way love.  their wedding was completely relaxed, warm and ultra creative.  donny and i both said that if we could shoot one wedding, every day, for the rest of our career of photographing weddings, it would be this one.  they pledged their vows to one another under yarn bombed trees with the guests cuddled up in their seats with afghans, had a bluegrass band playing in the background, jumped fearlessly on a trampoline, frolicked with chickens, danced with their little pella, hung out under the stars on a big grassy field lit by pumpkins and rode off into the night on a motorcycle built by none other than the groom himself.  we felt like guests.  it was awesome.

vendors:  flowers: rockrose floral design, wedding program design: www.jesykaditri.com, location: graf house private venue, vintage furniture & design: rust vintage (brand new awesome rental prop house co-owned by the bride, marcella!).

This entry was posted in Weddings. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Marcella & Nick’s Wedding!

1. shannon von eschen says:

You never cease to amaze me! Joy, you are my inspiration. In photography. Motherhood. And life. You make my heart happy.

2. David Harris says:

What a great wedding to shoot ,not a chore at all I’m sure!
    Beautifully captured.

3. Baby by the Sea says:

Hip style, badass love and breathtakingly narrative photography. So awesome. Rad, really, is the most fitting way to describe everything about this post.

4. Shelly says:

Beautiful. I adore the special little moment between the mother and daughter where she is putting a little lipstick on her. Goes to show you the most priceless things in life are free.

5. Mariah says:

Complete magic! What a beautiful love captured perfectly, well done. I let out a little gasp when I saw the picture of all three playing the piano, just gorgeous.

6. stacy bostrom says:

wow.
    love.
    love…

7. Thais says:

wow, amazing! such a beautiful decoration and wonderful pics!

8. Kelsey says:

AMAZING!!!!!!! The way you piece together all of the details is truly beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!:) the tree is so stinking cool and her dress is perfection!!!!:) another perfect wedding!!!!!!! You are the best!!!!

9. Amanda says:

AMAZING! I absolutely love everything about this wedding! The shot of their hands on the piano keys…gorgeous!

10. meghan says:

you are one of my favorite photographers. ever. i want to be like you when i grow up:)

11. Casey says:

These are absolutely amazing!!!!

12. Erin says:

What a beautiful celebration! So many gorgeous photos that I could see blown up in big frames on their walls!

13. Lindsay F says:

You did a beautiful job capturing this wedding! That photo of their hands on the old grungy piano – stunning! Its my FAVORITE! I want to hang that one up in my own house.

14. Rosie says:

Amazing! Fav shot; hands on piano. So so wonderful!

15. Ellie Mullins says:

Joy these are incredible! So emotion evoking.

16. Shannella says:

Your work is wonderful, I had the pleasure of doing the makeup for this wedding (amazing Wedding party). Hope to work with you in the future.

17. Elysha Lee says:

WOW! Marcella really outdid herself!!! Beautiful wedding and you, as the photogs, captured it perfectly!! Everyone involved should be proud

Much Love

18. Leah says:

WOWZERS! What a fab & fun looking day. So much to love about this (esp.loving your B&Ws). The last of the day’s sun through the trees whilst the fam are around the old piano is impossibly perfect. Gorgeous–all of it.

19. Kierstin says:

OH MY GOODNESS! words cannot describe the amazingness of this wedding and these photos!!!! Im obsessed!

20. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang says:

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! (It’s ok if I just yell that at the screen, right?!)

21. Bree and Freddie says:

Wow! I mean WOW! You absolutely rock…gorgeously amazing photos! (And our flowers never looked so happy and sweet :) Bravo! xo

22. Pingback: Thursday Treats: I Think I’m a Christmas Scrooge · Thursday Treats · Rock n Roll Bride

23. Pingback: Marcella + Nick’s programs at Wildflowers Photography | visual vocabulary

24. Michelle Dorigon says:

I’m from Brazil, I love so much your pictures. It’s amazing….