Katie Daisy and her love, Eli.

if you are a lover of whimsy, there is a good chance you are familiar with the work of katie daisy.  over the years, i’ve had her lovely prints hanging in every room of our home, and now have the gift of showcasing her art all across the country on the outside (and inside) of our home on wheels.  one of her prints, “daydream list” actually, had hung on our fridge for the last few years, and was one i would read over and over to remind ourselves of what we were working towards for our simple life.  to slow down.  to breathe deeply.  it was a watercolor and she had written these words, “hello daydream: a clawfoot tub, a sunny yellow kitchen, a belly up kitty in the late sun, a painted wooden porch swing, slow dance in the backyard, a cheerful goldfinch song, fireflies in the grass, fireflies in the grass, banana bread and chamomile tea, a sleeping puppy, an old barn for a studio, the baby in a washtub, the prairie’s morning dew.”  that print along with her signature “all good things are wild and free” are so special to me.

i had admired her for so long and when we finally met in oregon a few months back, i just fell in love with her spirit and saw where all the beauty of her art originates.  i’m pretty sure that anyone that meets her feels the same way.  she is gentle and thoughtful and humble and childlike with a sense of wonder and wisdom all in one.  i had the gift of being able to photograph her and her love, eli.  she had asked that the shoot be whimsical and effortless and simple.  so we went to a river beside an aspen grove, splashed a while, danced barefoot in the green grass.  eli made her a crown of leaves and wildflowers.  he had brought his spyglass along and adored her from afar.  they rolled around in the dandelions, soaked in the sunshine, and i felt as though we had jumped right inside one of her paintings.  surely, this is one of my most favorite sessions.  so smitten to be your friend now, katie… the way you spill inspiration into the hearts of so many across the world is a real gift to behold.  love you, friend.

1 2.5 2 3 4.5 4 5 6 7.5 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

This entry was posted in * Themed Sessions, Engagement & Couples, Favorite Sessions. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Katie Daisy and her love, Eli.

1. kadi says:

this session is so magical Joy (and Katie!) I couldn’t imagine a more perfect setting or style for this! As I was scrolling through the images (over and over) the song “buried” by family of the year, came on, and it was so perfect for these moments! you can feel a genuine friendship through these photos, I just love them. Cant wait to see the complete painting of the trailer too! xoxo

2. Mailinh says:

As always, Joy, just lovely!

3. sophia says:

so, so, so lovely!

4. Anika says:

Love you. Love Katie Daisy. Love this session.

I feel like I am frolicking and free alongside of them.

Absolutely beautiful Joy.

5. Lea Ciceraro says:

Stunning work as usual!! I really, really, really love this session. The gentleness, the love. It’s awesome. And I love your words leading up to it. We’re back on our journey to love and simpleness, so thank you for continuing to share yours. XOXO

6. brenda says:

What lovely people. I can only imagine the joy they spread wherever they go. <3 Your photos are oh so lovely like always.

7. Monica Calderin says:

perfection, just perfection.
    Way to capture love in the raw.

8. Denae says:

WOW. I am blown away by your shoot with Katie and Eli, your photography is beyond amazing! It inspires me so much, please please never stop taking photos!

9. Jessica says:

I love it! It’s what Twilight should have been. (Gosh I hope she (or you!) doesn’t mind me saying that :P ) How amazing to meet someone that has been so inspiring to you for several years already :)

10. Heather says:

Would it be OK if I pinned one of these images? I see you don’t have a link for it and I would love to have it somewhere tucked away for the future. I seriously adore how you capture the intimacy of their romance. I don’t know how you do it, but it’s pretty gosh darn magical :)

11. ann says:

…beautiful…

12. AlisaMarie says:

Absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous couple and breathtaking photos (and that lighting, so beautiful)

13. shayna says:

your photos are magical! it is my hope that one day, you will capture our family on film…err…jump drive :)
    thank you for sharing your work!
    ~s.

14. Dana says:

Inspirational! Magical! Warm and just Lovely!

15. Anabolio says:

AMAZING pictures !!! Need to make more and more and more :)

16. Alissa Saylor says:

These are so wonderful Joy!!! What a special gift it is to be able to work so intimately with someone who has inspired you so much! I’m sure she will treasure these!

17. Alia says:

I absolutely LOVE how you captured Katie’s pure spirit. Such a pleasure to see these magical photographs. Sending you much love.

18. Addie says:

Wow! Beautiful!

19. Sarah Thompson says:

Such beautiful photos in an amazing setting. Dream like x

20. Jessica says:

These photos would be in the dictionary next to the words: beautiful, magnificent, lovely, awesome, and precious.

21. Gianluca says:

The photos look wonderful, and transmit the natural essence and magical spirit of human relationships.

22. Lynn McShane-Freeman says:

As I was admiring Katie’s artwork on super soul Sunday’s FB pg. it brought me to etsy, then to Wildflower photography, of course the name caught my attention! We all have a passion and love for wildflowers and nature. Your photos are stunning, I feel like a foyer in a magic love affair! Beautiful!

23. Pingback: Art Is Magic | Create An Enchanted Life